1. This is a link is to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
2. We are also recommending a TED talk given by the actor Thandie Newton on this course’s topic of ‘the Other’. It is 14 minutes in length. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. TED talks are short online lectures given by diverse thinkers and doers, artists and athletes, scientists and philosophers.
3. If you enjoyed Thandie Newton’s TED talk format you may enjoy Bill Gates’ top 13 favourites. Although not directly related to the Diversity course, they do showcase diverse speakers. Some of the 13 speakers – Melinda Gates, Hans Rosling, Salman Khan and Atul Gawande – do talk on topics that are more closely tied to concepts of diversity.
4. Here is the Glossary of Communication Skills and Techniques which we introduced in this course.
In the design of this course, we hoped to achieve the following objectives:
- Recognize the concept of the ‘Other’
- Understand some commonalities and differences between people, groups, and societies
- Consider individual perceptions and judgments of other people, groups, and societies
You’ve completed the course!
We hope that you found it helpful and thought-provoking.
The Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto is conducting an exit survey for this course to better understand how participants are benefitting from the Practice Readiness E-learning Program (PReP). Your participation in the survey is important and will help us identify areas where the PReP program is helping people the most and any areas that can be improved.
All of the information collected from the survey participants will be summarized and no names will be reported on, so please let us know how you really feel. Participation in the survey is completely voluntary, but we hope that you see the benefit of participating.
We need and value your feedback.
Connect to Save Progress
You are not currently logged in. Create an account to keep track of your progress.
If you already have an account, please login.
- Don't have an account? Signup Now »
- Lost your password?