- Printable version of the Interviewing Tips exercise
- Printable version of the Interview Questions exercise
- Cross-Cultural Interviewing Tips and Tools
- Inclusive Interviewing
- Unconscious Bias in Resume Screening
- Why a diverse workplace matters
Laroche L, Rutherford D. Recruiting, Retaining, and Promoting Culturally Different Employees. Routledge, 2011.
- Lim CH, Winter R, Chan C. Cross-cultural Interviewing in the hiring process: Challenges and strategies. The Career Development Quarterly. 2006;54:265-268.
- Rivera LA. Hiring as cultural matching: The case of elite professional service firms. American Sociological Review. May 2012;77(6):999-1022.
In the design of this course we hoped to achieve the following objectives:
- Gain a better understanding of the impact of culture on the interview process
- Advance your awareness of some underlying cultural issues that may influence the outcome of an interview
- Learn some interviewing tips to help mitigate these issues in order to understand the real skills and abilities of a given job candidate
You’ve completed the course!
We hope that you found it helpful and thought-provoking.
The Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto is conducting an exit survey for this course to better understand how participants are benefitting from the Workplace Integration Network (WIN) program. Your participation in the survey is important and will help us identify areas where the WIN program is helping people the most and any areas that can be improved.
All of the information collected from the survey participants will be summarized and no names will be reported on, so please let us know how you really feel. Participation in the survey is completely voluntary, but we hope that you see the benefit of participating.
We need and value your feedback.
Oops! We could not locate your form.