Practice Matters: Dr. D’Aprix and Dr. Melady discuss communication with older adults.
(To read along click here.)
TVO Video: Never Stop Learning (with Denise Altschul)
- Vanier Institute: Ageism and the Experience of Health Care
- Canadian Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse
- Geri-EM is an e-Learning website of interest to all health care providers who see older patients as part of their practice – in primary care, in hospital, in long-term care, or in the community
In the design of this course we hoped to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop an empathic perspective of the older adult’s experience
- Recognize commonly held biases and attitudes towards older adults
- Identify strategies for effective communication with older adults
You’ve completed the course!
We hope that you found it helpful and thought-provoking.
The Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto is conducting an exit survey for this course to better understand how participants are benefitting from the Practice Readiness E-learning Program (PReP). Your participation in the survey is important and will help us identify areas where the PReP program is helping people the most and any areas that can be improved.
All of the information collected from the survey participants will be summarized and no names will be reported on, so please let us know how you really feel. Participation in the survey is completely voluntary, but we hope that you see the benefit of participating.
We need and value your feedback.
Connect to Save Progress
You are not currently logged in. Create an account to keep track of your progress.
If you already have an account, please login.
- Don't have an account? Signup Now »
- Lost your password?