Practice Matters:s is a Master in Tae-Kwon-Do (or Taikwondo) and was inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. She owns and operates DeSantos Martial Arts in Toronto, which combines training with fitness and self-discovery in programs for both children and adults. In this 8-minute video Veronica speaks about personal and professional experiences with bullying.
1. This will take you to the Canadian Framework for Teamwork and Education on the Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI) website. There several other relevant resources to be found there.
2. In this 12-minute TED talk Shane Koyczan, a Canadian spoken-word poet and musician, speaks about bullying. His poem “To This Day” is a powerful story and animation of bullying and survival.
The following two academic journal articles tackle many facets of team learning and inter-professional practice:
1. Eraut, M. 2000, “Non-formal learning and tacit knowledge in professional work” Br.J Educ.Psychol., vol. 70 ( Pt 1), pp. 113-136.
2. Hall, P. 2005, “Interprofessional teamwork: professional cultures as barriers” J Interprof.Care, vol. 19 Suppl 1, pp. 188-196.
In the design of this course, we hoped to achieve the following objectives:
- Identify elements that contribute to effective teamwork
- Consider the impact that an individual has on team performance
- Differentiate between more and less effective teamwork
You’ve completed the course!
We hope that you found it helpful and thought-provoking.
The Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto is conducting an exit survey for this course to better understand how participants are benefitting from the Practice Readiness E-learning Program (PReP). Your participation in the survey is important and will help us identify areas where the PReP program is helping people the most and any areas that can be improved.
All of the information collected from the survey participants will be summarized and no names will be reported on, so please let us know how you really feel. Participation in the survey is completely voluntary, but we hope that you see the benefit of participating.
We need and value your feedback.