- Orientation Tips for smoothing the way for new arrivals in the workplace
- Homewood Human Solutions: Managing Transgender in the Workplace (brief guidelines for human resources and managers)
- Canadian Heritage and Parks Canada: Out and About: towards a better understanding of LGBT persons in the workplace
- HR Council: Diversity at work
- HR Council: Supporting Employees with Disabilities
- The Conference Board of Canada: Workplace Diversity Research
- Bill C-279
- Legal guidelines for dealing with harassment and discrimination
- Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC): Gender Identity and Gender Expression (brochure)
- In the Canadian Mental Health Association’s report on diversity and accommodation a brief accommodation needs assessment is provided at the bottom of page 15
In the design of this course we hoped to achieve the following objectives:
- Describe the challenges and struggles of people functioning in a diverse and multicultural world
- Reflect on how our own judgment and assumptions help or impede others
You’ve completed the course!
We hope that you found it helpful and thought-provoking.
The Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto is conducting an exit survey for this course to better understand how participants are benefitting from the Workplace Integration Network (WIN) program. Your participation in the survey is important and will help us identify areas where the WIN program is helping people the most and any areas that can be improved.
All of the information collected from the survey participants will be summarized and no names will be reported on, so please let us know how you really feel. Participation in the survey is completely voluntary, but we hope that you see the benefit of participating.
We need and value your feedback.